About Riedstra: A Working Process
In my opinion a work of Art defines several things: Among others, an authentic interpretation by the artist, meaning: one can recognise the hand of the artist in the concept that underlies the work.
By giving it the necessary surplus the artist commits himself to research his project.
Searching again and again for new ways in himself, in order to express what he/she tries to communicate to him/herself and the public.
A work with a different kind of beauty, confrontational, forcing the audience to think and to look again.
The last, to me, is important. This you could mark as the contemporariness of an artwork the result and impact of my experiences show in my current work.
As for creative processes, they can’t be disconnected from experience; an artist needs these experiences in order to create art. But in the end I am back in my studio and have to create the next work with all the intense uncertainties that come along!
Project Refugees 2015 - 2016
To be named refugees as part of anonymous numerous groups that are wandering around in Europe and elsewhere around the world is one thing.
To be able to give these people a face is another.
This as an artist is my small contribution.
Een overzicht van de recensies die Riedstra voor kunstkrant.nl schreef:
- Ooggetuigen MSK Gent
- Eric Baudelaire | The music of Ramón Raquello and his orchestra
- Might As Well | groepstentoonstelling in Nest Den Haag
- Roni Horn in Museum De Pont Tilburg
- Karel Appel experimenteerde, zocht de grenzen op en bleef tot op hoge leeftijd zijn werk vernieuwen
- Isa Genzken | Mach Dich Hübsch 2015 | Stedelijk Amsterdam
- Now or Never #3 | Gem Den Haag
- Expeditie Land Art | Landschapskunst in Kunsthal KAdE Amersfoort
- 'Bit Rot' | Douglas Coupland in Witte De With Centrum Hedendaagse Kunst | Rotterdam
- Mark van Overveem | A wish in Return
- Matisse | Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- Berlinde de Bruyckere | Installaties en sculpturen 2015
- Charlotte Lybeer | Photography The Furry Adventures of the Cabbit & the Wolf' 2015
- Armando 85 | Tussen het weten en begrijpen
- ARAKI Nobuyoshi | Photography Heaven & Hell 2015
- Once Upon A Time | The Collection Now in Van het Abbe
- Sounds of Silence | CODA Museum Apeldoorn
- Seven Stones | Robert Zandvliet in De Pont
- ZomerExpo 2014 Licht | Gemeente Museum Den Haag
- Rebel in de Kunst: Museum beelden aan Zee | Den Haag
- Beating Around the Bush Episode#2
- Façadism | The Real Face Of Fiction 2014
- Tentoonstelling The Crime Was Almost Perfect: Witte de With Rotterdam
- Philip-Lorca diCorcia | Foto's 1975-2012
- Expositie 'Pushing up Daisy' | Nutshuis Den Haag